By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
1. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on The Harlem Business Alliance’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained onThe Harlem Business Alliance’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
2. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The Harlem Business Alliance at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials onThe Harlem Business Alliance’s web site are provided “as is.”The Harlem Business Alliance makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, The Harlem Business Alliance does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall The Harlem Business Alliance or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The Harlem Business Alliance’s Internet site, even if The Harlem Business Alliance or a Harlem Business Alliance authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on The Harlem Business Alliance’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Harlem Business Alliance does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The Harlem Business Alliance may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The Harlem Business Alliance does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The Harlem Business Alliance has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Harlem Business Alliance of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to The Harlem Business Alliance’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
Donor Privacy Information
The Harlem Business Alliance collects and maintains the following types of donor information when it is voluntarily provided to us:
- contact information such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- a donor’s giving information;
- information on events attended and special requests for information;
- information provided by the donor in the form of comments and suggestions.
This confidential information is kept on file for IRS purposes. It is also used to analyze overall giving patterns in order to make more accurate budget projections as well as to understand donors’ interests in our mission and to update them on the organization’s plans and activities. This information is shared with key staff, board members and consultants only on a confidential and need-to-know basis.
The Harlem Business Alliance does not sell, rent, trade or share its donor list with any other organization.
Discontinuing Contact Upon Request
It is the policy of The Harlem Business Alliance to communicate with donors according to their expressed preferences whenever possible. The Harlem Business Alliance will discontinue or change the method used to contact any person upon that person’s oral or written request directed to the organization, its professional fundraiser, or other agent. Upon a person’s (or a person’s authorized representative’s) request that The Harlem Business Alliance discontinue further contacts, the person’s name and address will be promptly modified inThe Harlem Business Alliance’s donor database to ensure that no further contact is made with the person. The Harlem Business Alliance will also take steps to ensure that no further contact is made with the individual and that the person’s name is removed from any external databases or records under The Harlem Business Alliance’s control. Oral requests will be noted in writing by the staff ofThe Harlem Business Alliance and then permanently recorded in the electronic donor database. The records of persons who have made such a request will be maintained by The Harlem Business Alliance to the extent necessary for legal or liability purposes.